The Iowa Children’s Museum is accepting applications for the position of Education Program Coordinator. This is a full time, exempt position. Generally Monday through Friday; hours are flexible. Evenings and weekends as needed. Reports to Director of Education. Supervises museum educators.
Educational Curriculum Development and Implementation
- Creates and oversees implementation of new and existing program content.
- Trains staff on educational program content, group management skills, and facilitator protocol for all programs.
- Provides direct supervision of all program facilitators
- Creates STEM content for programs and outreach activities
Specific Programs: Field Trips, Day Camps, Educational Outreach Programs and Events, Scout Events, Fun-tivities, and Celebrations
- Develops curriculum that is aligned with appropriate school curriculum and state educational standards
- Ensures that all programs are executed effectively to ensure visitor satisfaction and achievement of museum program goals.
- Creates and facilitates museum’s participation in Outreach activities.
- College Degree in education, early childhood, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years’ experience educating children and/or developing active learning programs in an informal educational environment
- STEM related expertise and/or experience preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Staff Management experience required
- Proven leadership skills
- Self-motivated and responsible
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Flexibility and calm demeanor is essential
- Ability to work cohesively with a team for common goals
- Enthusiastic about working in a children’s museum environment
- Appreciates the value of serious fun
How to apply:
Please include a cover letter specific to this position, resume, and references. Send this information electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org and put in the subject line: Program Coordinator.
Your popup blocker may block this file.