The Iowa Children's Museum exists to celebrate and nurture the power and potential of every child.
The Iowa Children's Museum is a vibrant cultural attraction, educational family resource and vital element in the Iowa economy. The mission of The Iowa Children's Museum is to inspire every child to imagine, create, discover, and explore through the power of play. The museum serves this mission through interactive exhibits, engaging hands-on programs and community outreach. With an annual visitation of approximately 160,000 children and adults, The Iowa Children's Museum is one of the largest cultural attractions in Iowa.
How We Do It!
Over 28,000 square feet of interactive exhibits provide stimulating learning experiences designed primarily for children ages birth to twelve. The museum is committed to the principles of inclusion and serves a diverse audience. At The Iowa Children's Museum, children and their families are invited to play and learn in a place where all people are accepted and celebrated.
Information for People with Special Needs
The Iowa Children’s Museum welcomes all people to our facility!
If you have any special needs or would like additional help in visiting the museum, please contact Jaime Stanhope, Director of Operations, at 319.625.6255 ext. 207 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The 2nd floor of the museum is wheelchair accessible
- Free wheelchairs are available for visitor use at Coral Ridge Mall Guest Services
- Museum restrooms are ADA compliant
- Both gender restrooms have baby-changing stations
- Family restrooms are available on 2nd floor
- Handicap parking spaces are available close to the museum
- A family sanctuary is available in the ImaginAcres exhibit for nursing mothers
- Special visiting hours are available for families with special needs, i.e. autistic children who require a quieter space
- Museum exhibits are very touch-friendly, include vibrant color, and meet the needs of the diverse learner
Policy Against Discrimination
No person in the United States shall, on the grounds of race, color or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving federal financial assistance.
If any person feels that he/she has been subjected to discrimination under any program or activity at The Iowa Children’s Museum, they should be directed to file a grievance by contacting the Executive Director, Deb Dunkhase, at 319-625-6255 x. 210 or email@example.com.
Our 990 Form
Click here to view The Iowa Children's Museum's 2012 990 Form.
Click here to view The Iowa Children's Museum's 2011 990 Form.
Click here to view The Iowa Children's Museum's 2009 990 Form.
Click here to view The Iowa Children's Museum's 2008 990 Form.
Cick here to view The Iowa Children's Museum's 2007 990 Form.